Since October 2008, all properties put onto the market for sale or to-let, require an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
EPCs are a handy low cost tool that you can use to evaluate your home's energy efficiency and its carbon emissions. Recommendations are made as to how to and where to insulate the property and thus reduce your property’s energy bills.
UK energy costs have never been so high thus an EPC is a low cost measure and a first step towards implementing your homes money saving strategy.
EPC Rating Tips...
New EPC regulation coming soon means all rental EPCs must be a C rating or above !
We have put together some tips on how to improve your energy performance certificate rating. Please read this advice before we attend your property.
1. 1.Try and make sure as many of your fixed light fittings as possible have low energy bulbs fitted. This will improve the epc rating.
2. If you have a hot water tank, make sure there is plenty of insulation around it. Good insulation can make a significant difference to the epc rating.
3. Loft insulation. If I cannot see the loft is insulated because either I cannot gain loft access or because the loft is boarded over we have to report insulation as 'unknown' which could have a negative effect on the epc rating. Please have any paperwork available to prove loft insulation is fitted.
4. Cavity wall insulation can have a substantial impact on the epc rating. If you have cavity wall insulation which is not visible due to the property having been rendered after installation this can lower the epc rating as we have to assume there is none. Please make sure you have the paperwork available if your cavity walls have been insulated.
5. If your double glazed windows were fitted after 2002 and the date is not visible in the units, please have paperwork available to show the installation date. This can have a positive effect on the EPC.
6. Boiler information: I will try to establish the exact make and model of the gas or oil heating boiler. Where this is possible, the exact efficiency of the boiler can be established. This is likely to give a higher epc score than the software default setting for the type of boiler. Establishing the boiler details from visual inspection can be difficult, so please have any information manuals or service history available.
Studio/1 bed property : £50.00
2 bed property : £60.00
3/4 bed property : £ Price on request
Cheshire EPC provide Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) across Greater Manchester and Cheshire including Manchester, Stockport, Macclesfield etc